Just a quick little note for those of you who haven’t seen on social media, because I’m still a little excited: last week, I was interviewed and featured on the Fitmark Bags blog.
Fun stuff, huh? We talked about sports, fitness, my kids, staying on track while balancing a crazy life (this seems to be the focus of both my social media and my blog). And, of course, we talked meal prep.
I’ve been a Fitmark athlete for a few months now, but carrying their bags since last year. I absolutely love their products, even when not using them for meal transport. They do make it easy to stick to my meal plan and goals, especially when I’m traveling. Aside from that, their duffels also make the best gym bags. The quality is incredible, and they’re just the perfect size.
If you ever want to order a Fitmark Bag, you can use code Friends15 for 15% off. Also, check my Instagram, as I’ll regularly repost specials or limited-time promo codes for 20%+ off. And feel free to ask if you have any questions about their line!
If you’d like to check out the blog post, you can read about it here. I’m also being included in a group athlete feature soon, so I’ll repost that link when it’s up on their blog.
As always, thanks for following along, guys!
Hello, and welcome to my site! I am excited to start this blog and get to share things with you all.
In case you don’t know me — or ever wanted to know more — this first post is going to be a little bit of an introduction. While social media (my preferred medium) allows us to share everything from our lunch to our pedicure, it doesn’t let us really learn about the person behind the handle.
So, I want you to get to know me better, and hope you’ll comment, follow the blog, and even email me. I want to get to know all of you, too.
10 Things You Might Not Know About Me
- I’m a mom to two little boys, who are my absolute world. I’m a bit of a “crunchy” mom, which has been a purposeful process over the last few years. What does this mean? My kids have fought over kale chips before and I would raise hens in my backyard if I could (fresh, pastured eggs are the BEST!). I hate kombucha, drive a gas-guzzling SUV, and will still inhale a pint of Ben & Jerry’s without thinking twice, though, so I’m not completely converted just yet. I like to think that I’m a nice balance of crunchy and practical.
- Being a doctor was my childhood dream, right up to my first year of med school. My degree is in pre-med Biology, and I was an EMT in college, but I don’t actually do anything related to medicine or science now. I miss it, but I can’t imagine living that demanding life now – I enjoy raising my boys so much more.
- I have two jobs (well, three if you count “mom”). The first is my entrepreneurial baby: a letterpress print and design company that I founded in 2009. What’s letterpress? Think Gutenberg. I print very pretty artisan wedding invitations and stationery with a 1900lb cast iron press, which was built in 1894. Oh, and I spent a year completely rebuilding it on my own. #humblebrag
- My other job is my actual dream job, and something I never thought I could make money doing. Early last year, I became the lead editor for a pretty awesome company, a finance group which publishes about personal finance and investing (we manage a number of websites and also write for Forbes). It’s not my biggest strength (finance), admittedly, but having this job has forced me to learn a lot. I’ve been completely out of my comfort zone a few times; however, I have not only become quite savvy with personal finance, but I’m making money writing, editing, and doing what I love!
- Don’t ask me my favorite dessert. Because if you do, I’ll have to tell you that it was the tiramisu from this tiny little shack in Cinque Terre, Italy. Then, I’ll get sad because the little old lady who made it probably won’t be there by the time I go back (someone want to send me?).
- …but, like, I also love anything chocolate.
- I can start an IV, intubate you, change your oil, tile your shower, and then cook you a delicious dinner. I’m a jack of all trades and I love it. (Thanks, Dad, for making me a tomboy!)
- I’ve been writing a novel for a while now. It’s on my bucket list to finish and (maybe) even publish it. Of course, that may take me a few more years.
- I’ve been scuba diving since I was 3 (not exaggerating) and my claim to fame is that the very first children’s wetsuit ever was made for me back in the 80s. Also on the bucket list is a trip to Micronesia, to swim with manta rays in Palau. I’m hoping that my dad and I can make it out there in the next year or two!
- I’m a night owl, and have been since I was a child. My best creative work comes to me between 11pm-2am, so you’ll almost always find me up late. It doesn’t make the busy mornings any easier, but it’s a habit I can’t seem to break.
So, there you have it. Ten things that you may not have known about me, whether you wanted them or not. Now, tell me something about you!
[Outfit shown on top is by Affitnity]